Sharing the small print on my make money working from home workplace setup, plus my expertise with utilizing a strolling pad.
Hellooooo! How are ya and the way’s the morning going thus far? We’re again into actual life after our little journey and it felt good to have just a few days of normalcy. I’m so sick of restaurant and takeout meals, I inform ya. It’s additionally superb to have espresso at residence – Starbucks won’t ever be the identical to me.
This morning I’ve an thrilling podcast interview and am unpacking, and re-packing. 🙂 I’d love to listen to what you’re as much as!
For at the moment’s publish, I needed to share my little make money working from home setup, plus my expertise utilizing a strolling pad. It’s helped me dramatically improve my steps and exercise stage throughout longer work days, and I’m so pumped with this replace to the workplace!
My WFH (make money working from home) setup
My lil workplace house:
I’ve sufficient room in right here to meditate, work, stroll, or get in a fast exercise (like Sculpt Society).
Listed here are a number of the issues I’ve within the workplace:
– My beloved Peloton bike! Excellent for cardio exercises or shaking my legs out
– My PEMF Go Mat. I take advantage of this for meditation each morning, or after I really feel like I would like a recharge or Zen second. My full PEMF Go Mat overview publish is right here, and when you’d like one for your self, right here is the hyperlink! My code is FITNESSISTA15 for 15% off
– A regular desk. I like having this for shorter work classes or after I want to talk/current, like reside recordings, course recordings, and extra formal Zoom calls. The desk and chair are from World Market however each offered out, since they’re years previous.
– Triangle shelf (related right here) crammed with photographs and the women’ art work.
– On the other wall (unpictured), I even have this e book shelf, which has a few of my health and vitamin assets and the Pilot’s navy cash/flags/thingies.
– New strolling pad and electrical standing desk. I picked lower-cost choices as a result of that they had good critiques and I’ve been impressed thus far!
TBH, I began to dread time within the workplace as a result of it normally meant that I’d be sitting for hours. I’m positive a lot of you possibly can relate, however after I sit for hours, I really feel horrible afterwards. My muscle tissues are creaky and my power stage plummets to the bottom.
As soon as I’m “within the zone,” it’s simple for me to get right into a time warp and work nonstop, however for longer duties, I positively should pressure myself to do it. Having the strolling pad has made a WORLD of distinction. I don’t really feel daunted by massive duties (like watching a number of movies in a row) as a result of I’ve the possibility to maneuver whereas I’m doing it. I’ve additionally seen that my afternoon power is significantly better after I’m slowly strolling as an alternative of sitting for a very long time.
Some suggestions for utilizing a strolling pad with an electrical desk:
(and a number of the issues I’ve needed to study the exhausting means)
– Use sneakers! This was a studying level for me as a result of I do just about all the things barefoot. The bottoms of my ft began to harm somewhat, so I depart a pair of sneakers subsequent to the strolling pad. (I’m loving my Vivobarefoots proper now.)
– Add an extender to your Apple watch or your health band so you possibly can connect to your ankle if monitoring steps is necessary to you.
– Watch your neck and regulate the place of the desk as wanted. Ideally, our display screen must be according to our eyes. This isn’t real looking after we’re typing, however when you’re watching a video, strive elevating the desk so that you don’t should bend your neck as a lot to view the display screen.
– Take breaks. It’s necessary to take display screen breaks whether or not you’re strolling or seated. Give your eyes an opportunity to relaxation, go exterior, or just look away from the display screen and in all instructions. (Clearly watch out when you’re doing this whereas strolling lol.) I additionally wish to put on my blue mild blockers after I’m on screens after sundown, and in the course of the day, I’ve f.lux on my pc (which makes the display screen extra of a yellow hue so my retinas aren’t burning).
– Similar to the rest, work as much as it! I positively do NOT stroll for hours per day – and it’s not my objective as a result of I don’t need my physique to count on it – however I’m as much as the purpose the place I can stroll and kind for about an hour. Begin with 10-Quarter-hour and add on a bit every week till you attain your objective time. You may as well use it to interrupt up longer seated classes, like strolling for 5-10 minutes each hour.
So there ya go!
What’s your work setup like? Do you work from home, or at an workplace?
I had been exploring some coworking areas in Tucson to modify issues up a bit, however now that I’ve the strolling pad, I’ve been extra excited and motivated to make money working from home. 🙂 Additionally, we have now fairly good espresso, snacks, and the cutest Sheepadoodle curled up at my ft.