In case you’re trying to have your stomach tightened, you’re in all probability not alone. The stomach tuck process has turn out to be more and more well-liked, with greater than 300,000 individuals getting the surgical procedure every year in the USA alone.
However what precisely is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a surgical process that removes extra pores and skin and fats from the stomach and tightens the muscular tissues of the belly wall. That is performed to enhance the looks of the stomach and create a flatter, extra toned look.
The process is carried out by a board-certified plastic surgeon. It may be mixed with different procedures, comparable to liposuction or breast augmentation, to attain most outcomes.
Tummy tucks are generally used to deal with unfastened pores and skin after important weight reduction, however they can be used to handle different causes of extra pores and skin comparable to being pregnant and growing old.
Who Is a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
You is likely to be a candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- You’ve had youngsters and want to get again into your pre-pregnancy form.
- You may have numerous extra pores and skin and fats after losing a few pounds, or after having a child.
- You need to enhance your physique picture and confidence.
- Your clothes doesn’t match correctly.
- You may have unfastened or sagging pores and skin round your stomach and waistline that isn’t responding nicely to eating regimen and train alone.
What Ought to I Anticipate Throughout My Tummy Tuck Restoration?
A tummy tuck is a fancy surgical procedure that requires important restoration time. The typical restoration time for many sufferers is six weeks, however it could actually fluctuate relying on every particular person’s state of affairs.
Listed below are some issues you’ll be able to count on throughout your tummy tuck surgical procedure restoration:
- You’ll be sore for just a few weeks after your process. The ache could also be delicate or extreme, relying on how a lot fats was eliminated out of your stomach and the way tight the muscular tissues are in your belly wall.
- Your physician will prescribe ache drugs to assist with the discomfort.
- You’ll have to take day off work or college; nevertheless, this is dependent upon how lively your job is and whether or not or not it requires heavy lifting.
- You need to keep away from strenuous exercise for a number of weeks after surgical procedure; this contains weight lifting, train, and different rigorous bodily actions.
- You have to to put on compression clothes for no less than one month after surgical procedure to assist cut back swelling and help in therapeutic.
Your physician will present particular directions on the best way to take care of your self and what actions you are able to do whereas recovering from surgical procedure. To keep away from creating any issues, it’s vital to maintain your self and observe postoperative directions.
What Are the Advantages of a Tummy Tuck?
In case you’re contemplating getting a tummy tuck, you’re in all probability questioning what the advantages of the process are.
Listed below are a number of the primary causes to think about it:
- A tummy tuck will assist you to regain your confidence
- You’ll have the ability to put on your garments higher after the process
- You’ll really feel snug in your pores and skin
- Your garments will match higher, and you may gown nevertheless you need!
- The tightening of the muscular tissues that help your stomach and decrease again, helps relieve again ache.
- Improves total self-image by providing you with a extra toned stomach
- Facilitates bodily exercise, together with working and different strenuous actions
Incessantly Requested Questions
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is a beauty surgical procedure that removes extra fats and pores and skin from the stomach. This process could be carried out on sufferers who’ve had youngsters, or for many who are merely sad with their physique’s look. The process is fast and comparatively easy, nevertheless it requires a while to heal and get better.
What Form of Ache Ought to I Anticipate After Surgical procedure?
You need to count on some discomfort and swell round your incision websites. This discomfort ought to lower steadily over time as your physique heals itself naturally over about two weeks following the surgical procedure date.
How Lengthy Will My Scars Final?
Scars will fade over time and turn out to be much less seen as you heal. They could even be lined by make-up or clothes. In the event that they’re nonetheless distinguished, they are often improved with a scar revision process.
Can I Drive Myself Dwelling From the Hospital?
No! You need to organize for somebody to drive you residence after surgical procedure and spend the subsequent 24 hours with you. You must also keep away from working any equipment throughout this time.
How Does a Tummy Tuck Work?
First, your surgeon will put you underneath anesthesia and proceed to make small incisions close to your navel. Subsequent, they’ll lower away the additional pores and skin and fats round your stomach, tightening your muscular tissues beneath. Lastly, they’ll shut up the incision with stitches and bandages.
What Is the Restoration Course of Like?
The restoration course of after a tummy tuck is simple if you take care of your self as instructed by your surgeon.